Mediterranean cuisine is one of the healthiest in the world.
It's a tasty cuisine who helps you to follow a diet while enjoying your meals.
The anti-inflammatory regime allows you to improve your health and to prevent numerous diseases (particularaly as one ages) by reducing your consumption of transformed products, animal fats and red meat to favor a diet closer to those of the Mediterranean kind which are rich in the use of fish, fresh vegetables and fruit.
Gnocchi with fresh tomatoe, basil and pin nuts
The anti-inflammatory regime aims at reducing the inflammation in the body which result in various symptoms. We can consider that this diet aims to :
- Protect the immune system.
- Helps the body to resist and to adapt itself to changes.
- Decrease the risks of desease having an inflammatory component (cardiovascular diseases, asthma, Alzheimer's disease, syndrom of irritable bowel, cancer, autoimmune diseases, etc.).
This regime approaches strongly the Mediterranean diet, it consists in consuming a maximum of food stemming from the vegetable kingdom, fat fishes and not to eat transformed food.
Antioxydants contained in fruits and vegetables are going to participate in the slowing down of cellular ageing and to favor a good health. In parallel, omega 3 brought by oleaginous fruits and fat fishes are going to prevent cardiovascular diseases, especially with the diminution of red meat consumption.
Home made dishes will have the advantage to contain less salt, fats and hidden sugars than transformed commercial products and will also participate in the reduction of inflammatory markers.
Vegetables at the market
- Fresh fruits ans specially smak fruits: blackberries, blueberries or raspberries.
- Legumes: lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas...
- Nuts and seeds: walnut, linseeds, pumpkin, hemp.
- Canola oil cold pressed, extra-virgin olive oil, walnut oil, pumpkin seeds oil, linseed oil.
- Soya bean products : tofu, tempeh, edaname, miso...
- Herbs and spices.
- Fat fishes: wild salmon, sardine, mackerel, trout, herring.
- Fresh vegetables.
-Whole grains : barley, rice, quinoa, epautre, crushed wheat, oat flakes...
Use unrefined food: sugar, bread, flour... and eat your pastas al dente !
Other recommended products: green tea, chocolate, poultry without skin, rabbit, duck, goat or ewe cheeses, sea salt (few).
Specially reommended products (which also help to prevent cancer):
- Green leaves vegetables
- Bok choy
- Wild salmon
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds
- Ginger (highly reccomended)
Linguini with safran, ginger, garlic and Chardonnay. Ground pecorino and fresh tomato..